1. ROOT (UH as in Run) - Base of Spine; Red; C Note – Security/Grounded/ Safety – Basic Trust
Not doing; no action; or overdoing, overthinking; often guilt driven
Physical: issues with legs, feet, immune system, male reproductive issues, constipation, degenerative arthritis, sciatica; Not sleeping well, low energy
Emotional: Basic survival needs - life necessities of money, food, shelter.
Balanced: All is one; We are all connected; I am safe; I am grounded; All my needs are met; high energy level; comfortable in the home
Lesson: Self-preservation; we have a right to be here
2. SACRAL - OO (as in Food) 2 inches Below belly button; Orange; D Note – Sexuality/Emotions/Creativity
Frustration, disappointment or guilt, shame / self-worth, creatively stuck
Physical issues: sexual and reproductive issues, kidney & urinary dysfunctions, hip, pelvic & lower back low
Emotional: Relationship problems; inability to express our emotions; fear of betrayal, addictions; inability to have fun, be creative, healthy sexual life; need to control
Balanced: Committed, creative, passionate, sexual & outgoing; ability to take risks
Lesson: Honor others
3. SOLAR PLEXUS - OH (as in Open)Above navel in Solar Plexus; Yellow; E Note – Power Source/Self-Confidence/Gut Feelings / relationship with mother & father
Powerlessness , Anger
Physical issues: digestive problems, liver dysfunction, chronic fatigue, high blood pressure, diabetes, ulcers, pancreas, gallbladder & colon issues
Emotional: personal power, self-esteem, self-critical. Problems with interacting with others’ energies. Fear of rejection, criticism & physical appearances; problems with setting and achieving goals
Balanced: Self-respect, confident, healthy self-esteem, able to complete projects
4. HEART- Ah (as in Saw)In middle of chest; Green; F Note – Ability to give & receive love/ Interaction with world /Healing; Heart & Lungs
Sadness, grief & loss; saying yes when we mean no; overdoing with others
Physical issues: Asthma, heart disease, issues with breasts, lymphatic systems, upper back & shoulders; arm & wrist pain
Emotional: Suffocating love, jealousy, abandonment, anger, bitterness; fear of loneliness
Balanced: Joy, gratitude, love & compassion; ability to forgive & trust
Lesson: I love & I am love; I am grateful
5. THROAT - AY ( as in Say) Bottom of throat; Bright blue; G Note – Communication/Speaking one’s Truth/Creativity- Thyroid, jaw, throat, faculty of hearing
Not communicating or expressing self; Speaking and not being heard
Physical issues: thyroid issues, sore throats, laryngitis, TMJ, ear infections, ulcers, any facial problems (chin, cheek, lips, tongue problems) neck and shoulder pain.
Emotional: problems with expression, not communicating both spoken and written. Fear of no power or choice. No willpower or being out of control. Holding back
Balanced:We have free flowing of words, expression, communication. We are honest and truthful yet firm. We are good listeners.
Lesson: speak up and let your voice be heard. Speak your truth. Be who you are.
6. 3rd EYE - EE (as in See)Center of forehead Above Brow; A Note; Indigo (Dark blue) – Awareness/Visions/Intuition – Pineal gland; brain
Worrying about the future or Overthinking about the past
Physical: headaches, blurred vision, sinus issues, eyestrain, seizures, hearing loss, hormone function.
Emotional: issues with moodiness, volatility, and self-reflection; an inability to look at one’s own fears, and to learn from others. Day-dream often and live in a world with exaggerated imagination. When this chakra is Balanced:feel clear, focused, and can determine between truth and illusion. We are open to receiving wisdom and insight. Strong intuition.
Lesson: see the big picture.
7. CROWN - EEE (as in See; higher Pitch) Slightly above head; B Note; Violet or White –Spirituality/ Connection to Higher Power & Higher Self – Brain, relationship with time & relationship with the divine; spatial intelligence, music & higher thinking
Physical: depression, inability to learn, sensitivity to light, sound, environment. Too much time under fluorescent lights.
Emotional: issues with self-knowledge and greater power. Imbalances arise from rigid thoughts on religion and spirituality, constant confusion, carry prejudices, “analysis paralysis.” Fear of alienation. Overwhelmed by life
Balanced: we live in the present moment. We have an unshakeable trust in our inner guidance.
Lesson of this chakra is to live mindfully.
Vocal Toning – UH – OO – OH - AH – AY - EE - EEE